Resources for the Chemically Injured - Top
Free MIDI Hymns
Note: Many of these items are taken from a 1988 listing which was put together by HEAL of CNY. The items may therefore be out of date and we would appreciate any updated information.
- Building and Housing Consultants, also see Building Materials
- Mary Oetzel, Tel: 512-288-2369, Environmental Health Services, 3202 West Anderson Lane #208-249, Austin, Texas 78757. (1988 listing)
- Barry Segal, Tel: 607-387-5743, RD #1, Box 22A, 106 South Street Extension, Trumansburg, NY 14886. Environmental Housing. (1988 listing)
- Bruce Small & Associates Tel: 416-294-3531, RR#1, Goodwood, Ontario, Canada 1AO. Bruce Small is a professional engineer and planning consultant of ecological design and construction. He authored Sunnyhill, a book about his experiene with building his ecological home (Sunnyhill) near Toronto Canada, where he lives with his family. Their home is open for inspection. Call or write for details.
- Vasa Spurling Tel: 214-248-0782. Allermed Corporation, 4324 Sunbelt Drive, Dallas, TX 75248. Designed Dr. Rea's environmental control unit in Dallas.
- Environmental Testing
- Advance Chemical Sensors Co., Tel: 305-979-0958, Larry Locker, PhD, President, 350 Oakes Lane, Building 65, Popano Beach FL 33000. Badge type passive monitors to detect formaldehyde - about $20 each (1988 listing).
- Antibody Assay Labs (see laboratories). They can tell you the degree that your immune system is damaged by environmental toxins - formaldehyde, toluene, diisocyanate, trimetillac anhydrides and others. (1988 listing)
- Air Quality Research, Inc. Tel:415-644-2097, 901 Grayson St., Berkeley, California 94710. Passive monitors, 2-room set, $48/kit, all costs included. Source information, "Environ" (1988 listing)
- Formaldehyde Spot Test Kits, Tel: 315-488-2856. Sherry Rogers, M.D., 2800 W. Genesee St., Syracuse, NY 13219. Kit measures 10ppm or more of aldehydes from paper & objects made of fabrics. 100 tests, $30 (?) Refills $20 (?). (1988 listing) See Doctors.
- Galson Technical Services, Tel: 315-432-0506, 6601 Kirkville Rd, East Syracuse, NY 13057. Testing of home or work places for formaldehyde or other chemicals. (1988 listing)
- Hydrocarbon detectors - available from air conditioning people or dry cleaners - can test car for escaping hydrocarbons.
- Jordon Chemicals, Tel: 803-484-8022, P.O. Box 6039, Sumpter, SC 21950. Charles Jordon, Chemist, does personal consultation to determine if testing is necessary. His kits have an air pump to suck air into testing devices for best reading. Cost $80 for 2 room kit. $10 each extra room. Service includes postage, analysis and interpretation. (1988 listing)
- Nickel Sensitivities Testing - Test kits available from Allerderm Laboratories, P.O. Box 931, Mill Valley, CA 94942. Kit contains 2 solutions (dilute ammonia and dimethylglyoxime). Can be stroked onto jewelry with a Q-tip to show if nickel is present. (1988 listing)
- Radon Gas Testing - Gary Baker, Radiological Health Specialist, New York State Health Department at Syracuse. Tel: 315-478-4729. (1988 listing)
- Radon Gas Test Kits - New York State Department of Health, 50 Wolf Road, Albany, NY (1988 listing)
- Sulfite Testing - N.E.E.D.S. catalog. 100 test strips $20-$22 (1988 listing)
- Water Testing - WaterTest Corp. Tel: 1-800-426-8378. P.O. Box 6360, 33 South Commercial Street, Manchester, NH 03108. (1988 listing)
- Health Consultants:
- Allergy Information Services: Environmental Illness, Non-Toxic living. Kathryn Buck, consultant. P.O. Box 1305, Suite 134, Brunswick, ME 04011. Phone: (207)729-6046.
- Susan Brown, PhD - Nutritionist. Tel: 315-471-0264. 770 Westmoreland Ave., Syracuse, New York 13210 (1988 listing)
- Homeopathy Consultant: Chris Keser, 128 Monticello Drive S., Syracuse, New York 13205. Phone: (315)469-7296.
- Steven Levine, PhD Tel: 1-800-545-9960, Nutri-Cology, Inc., d/b/a/ Allergy Research Group, P.O. Box 489, San Leandro, California 94577-0489. (from 1988 listing)
- Oxygen Therapies: Consultant Ed McCabe: contact Energy Publications, 99-RD1, Morriville, NY 13408, or The Family News Inc., 777 S. State Road 7 #5-1, Margate, FL 33068. 1-800-284-6263, (305)485-0050.
These listings have been gathered from various sources and are presented here with the intent to provide hard won information to anyone whom it may help. If you find that the names, phone numbers, addresses or such are out of date in any way, or you feel there is a significant change or addition which should be made to these resources, please be so kind as to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: We do not endorse people, products or services. We do not give medical advice. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another. Please check with health-care professionals of your own choice. I am not a doctor and I do not give medical advice. The author is a chemically injured person who is extremely chemically sensitive (reactive) and who has just had a lot of personal experience in trying to survive chemical insults and toxic exposures.
This page has been accessed times since 11/10/96.