This page is
Genders". (available @ amazon.com)
Transsexuals, homosexuals, lesbians, cross
dressers, and transgender and intersex persons share an
invisibility in their performativities in, through, and across
male or female stereotypes. This book explores the
pathologizing effects of binary assumptions of sex and gender,
of male and female. The first section of this book presents
narratives from homosexuals, lesbians, cross dressers,
transsexuals, and transgender and intersex persons from a
range of cultures. The second addresses ways of recognizing
these marginalized groups while the third suggests
reconstructing gender theory beyond the binaries to allow
celebration of multidimensional and contextual gender
- NON-Transgendered vs Transgendered
- Pre-op Transsexuals
Transitioning-Means 'changing from one to the other'
- 1. Males or Females who undergo psychology or psychiatric examination to discern their mental state
- 2. Who then under the guidance of an endocrinologist:
- M2F's=Males to female start taking female hormones
- F2M's=Females to male start taking male hormones
- 3a. Males have their facial and body hair removed by electrolysis.
- 3b. Females will grow body hair, beard and a masculine hair pattern.
- 4. After living in their gender of choice for a REAL LIFE trial period of 1-2 years, then have SRS.
- 5. SRS=Sex reassignment surgery. Male to Female costs are roughly $19,000+, whereas Female to Male is roughly $70,000+.
- 6. After which they can even get their birth certificate changed to reflect their new legal identity.
- 7. The City of San Francisco now offers a transgender policy for those wishing to have a sex change.
- Post-Op transsexuals
- male: female to male
- Those who had their female organs removed and male organs constructed.
- female: male to female
- Those who had their male organs removed and female organs constructed.
- After SRS they are no longer a Transgendered person, but rather a male or a
female because they no longer have the sex organs they
were born with..
- Open Directory listings of Transgendered
- Used to be-Males in female clothing while using female hormones, SANS
surgery, or pre-op M2F transsexuals with no 'guts', at least not enough to have surgery.
- Also people who do not pass the psychiatric exam for SRS, i.e. Virginia Prince.
In 1977, V.P. was suggesting a 'lifestyle' of transgenderism.
- Live & work as a woman, maybe take hormones, but skip SRS and call yourself a woman.
The last time I saw V.P. was in 1979.
- Living a 'Transgendered Lifestyle' is kind of like becoming a mixed gender person.
- Having been born intersexed I can tell you it is no picnic.
GET the SRS and be only one sex....it makes life simpler and less confusing for your peace of mind..
is a Transgendered lifestyle, wherein the TG's associate with
other TG's, doing the same things that non-TG's do. Simply put they
go out and get as screwed up as the rest of normal
People=the majority of people in any given place or
situation. If you were a heterosexual in a gay bar, they would be
normal, you would not.
Those who would be
defined as Normal People varies
from location to location.
Transgendered LINKS INCLUDED THE FOLLOWING: 1977-1996
- |->Cross Dressers/CD'S
- A CD' is a bisexual/Heterosexual male in female clothing.
- When dressed as males they date females
- When dressed as female, they date males.
- The roles keep changing. TV's are now CD's and the CD's are TV's.
- Presumed to be males who dress in female clothing to express their 'feminine' self.
- A Transvestite is a heterosexual male in female clothing.
- Could be a female who dresses in male clothing to express her 'masculine' self.
- Drag queens
- Usually are homosexual males in female clothing and who display a lot of feminine
behavior, even 'dating' homosexual males.
|Similar to a M2F
Transgender Lifestyle person, except the M2F's date females.
|The M2F's who transition before age 26 seem to be
able to date males.
|Those over age 26 seem to date only females
(technically speaking they become lesbians-but this is not true
for every individual)
|Those <=26 tend to not have 'bought
into' maleness while those >=26 have. 'maleness=role
expected to adhere to be a 'man'.
- NOW INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING 1996-:
Techinically speaking: since Gays & Lesbians are not in a 'change' process, THEY ARE NOT transgendered.
- Lesbian, Gay and Transgendered Organizations have discriminated against Transsexuals
in the past, suggesting that SRS is not needed to be female(males) or male(females).
- The 'homo's are even more against SRS surgery than heterosexuals.
- The following have identified themselves as being transgendered.
- Female homosexuals-lesbians
- Male hormosexuals-'gays'
- I figure the homosexuals started ID'ing themselves as transgendered so as to GET A FREE RIDE on the backs of the
POST-OP Transsexuals [ M2F's, F2M's] who have worked hard to get their rights upheld as females and males.